My account of my hiking and geocaching activities, and the photographs I take along the way.

2013 Photo Calendars now available!

Support independent publishing: Buy this calendar on Lulu.

Blog Archive

Profile for BF Hammer

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday October 31, 2010: Irving, Texas

I'm in the greater Dallas, Texas area this week for some training related to my job. I'm traveling ultra-light, using a smart-phone as a gps for geocaching and taking photos.

The good news: the app I downloaded for geocaching on my phone works reasonably well, if not prone to locking up sometimes. It's not a precision device, but can get you there for an urban-style cache.

The bad news: I am too stupid to operate the camera on the phone apparently. Took photos, but none of the images were saved to memory. I found one 1 out of 2 attempted less than 1/2 mile from my hotel, the one I found was hiding in a lamp-post trim-skirt behind a Chuck-E-Cheeses at a strip-mall down the street. The one I failed on was further behind the strip mall in a utility access alleyway. I tried this one first, and didn't quite figure out how the software presents the distance to target. I believe I was over 50 feet off target now.

So no photos, but this is also a geocaching blog, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers