My account of my hiking and geocaching activities, and the photographs I take along the way.

2013 Photo Calendars now available!

Support independent publishing: Buy this calendar on Lulu.

Blog Archive

Profile for BF Hammer

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday August 28th, 2011 - Gibraltar Rock

After leaving Ferry Bluff and stopping at a gas station, I read a text my sister sent that she was planning to go to Gibraltar Rock with her daughter. That was around half-way between my current location and her home along a direct highway. I quick called her, confirmed they were leaving in a matter of minutes. I then said I will meet them there and off I went. I had not seen any eagles as I hoped at Ferry Bluff, the geocaches I was planning to do in Cross Plains were not that big of a deal. I at least know that there are vultures soaring around Gibraltar Rock daily for some photo opportunities.

I got there first, ate the lunch I packed in the parking area, and started up the steep climb to the top at a slow pace. This was my 2nd hill climb for the day. My sister and niece caught up to me around the half-way point. We went to the top together. Right away I saw the vultures out, and I just took photos with the lens I had on the camera at the time, a 18-135mm zoom.



A couple more after changing to my 500mm relex lens. It was challenging as I needed to prefocus out in space, and just follow the birds until they flew into the focal plane before taking a photo.



Now some scenery using my 35mm lens.





Went home after spending some time visiting and enjoying the view again. Arrived home at 2pm, that was a good 7 hour day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers