My account of my hiking and geocaching activities, and the photographs I take along the way.

2013 Photo Calendars now available!

Support independent publishing: Buy this calendar on Lulu.

Blog Archive

Profile for BF Hammer

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Some pics from 2011 not published here before

At work today, I stopped along the highway at a historical marker to eat the lunch I packed. I've visited the marker before. In 2009 I searched here for a geocache and failed to find it. I had the smartphone with a geocache app along. I tried to see if I could bring up the cache and look for it quick. The app failed for some reason, and I could not get logged into geocaching.com. I just decided to wing it. When I fail to find a cache, it tends to get burned into my memory. I knew what corner of the lot to go to, even after the passage of 2 years and a few months. Found it and logged it within 8 minutes.

So, no photos of this feat to share. It was just a micro container at a historical marker site. I'll instead take some time to post up some photos I didn't put here yet. I've visited several places this year and neglected to make the time to write about them here.

A goldfinch near Ft. Atkinson


A wonderful 2nd visit to Pewits Nest in October






Mid-Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom, same October day.




Cherokee Marsh, Madison. Two different weekends in December






I know, shame on me for not posting these earlier. Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers