My account of my hiking and geocaching activities, and the photographs I take along the way.

2013 Photo Calendars now available!

Support independent publishing: Buy this calendar on Lulu.

Blog Archive

Profile for BF Hammer

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Saturday July 28th, 2012: Verona, Wisconsin

There will be a new focus for a while here as I have acquired a bicycle and purchased a season trail pass. Did some warm-up riding around my town, my first trail-ride being Military Ridge trail in Verona.






Not many photos to share. I'm carrying light with just my Panasonic point-n-shooter and not stopping very much. I started by following a mixed-use trail north through the county park. That wound up being an unwise choice as there is a big hill near the far end that I climbed. Took a lot of energy out of the legs early on. At least going back was easy.

Then I entered the actual state trail and rode west.













It's converted rail-road grade, goes through downtown Verona and goes all the way towards Mineral Point. I did not even go as far as the next community, that early hill took a lot out of my sails. But when it was all tallied on my gps receiver I had gone 14.3 miles.

There are geocaches at the trail-entrance and in that county park I rode into early (thus the reason I went that way), but I did not find either of the 2 I attempted to log.  Went home exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers